Beautiful, bountiful, blue and bursting with flavour....so many ways to describe our blueberries.
You can u-pick your own blueberries or we can do the work for you! We sell our blueberries in a variety of sizes, the most popular being our 10 lb box.
Blueberry season starts approximately at the beginning of July and carries on until early August.
For up-to-date information on picking or request product be put on hold for you, please call us at 604-946-8216 or check us out on Facebook.
Picking Blueberries at Emma Lea Farms:
- Be prepared for all weather with hats, boots, sunscreen, bottled water, etc.
- Please do not bring personal containers to the farm this season. We will be selling new buckets for you to purchase berries by the volume. This decreases customer and staff interaction by 50%, allows the farm to have a one way flow of traffic and allows all u-pick sales to be handles outdoors. We appreciate your understanding with this. Please note: you can bring back your 2020 and 2021 buckets for a $1 discount off the u-pick price. No plastic bags are allowed in the field. We encourage you to leave all bags at home. If you need to bring a backpack, it will be searched upon exiting the farm.
- We will have a limited wagons for u-pick this summer and we welcome you to bring your own!
- Please check in at the white tent just left of the main farm market upon arrival and sanitize your hands before entering the fields.
- Please only pick in the designated fields.
- Please do not eat any berries in the fields for health and safety reasons.
- Once you have filled your bucket, please exit through our "Exit Tent" and put your berries in your vehicle. You may then return to the farm to visit the Farm Market, Ice Cream Shoppe and picnic area!
Before eating any fruit, it should be rinsed under cold water and pat dry with a towel.
Blueberries are delicious eaten frozen on their own, you can add them to your smoothie or use them in baking! They are very refreshing and a good snack as they are super-healthy for you. Blueberries have incredible nutrition and health benefits. From their rich color to their amazing qualities, blueberries can provide you with stronger and healthier cardiovascular health, brighter vision and healthy brain function.
To freeze blueberries, rinse them under cold water and lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put them in the freezer for a couple hours and then shake them into a ziplock bag. This way they will freeze individually.
Be sure to stock up so you can enjoy them year round!